Thursday 15 May 2008

Arrival at Karachi

We arrived at Karachi on a Saturday morning. It was surprising, usually as soon as you leave the plane you feel the heat outside the airport almost immediately, but this time round there was a cool breeze and barely any heat, which was great. January being a part of Karachi’s winter months.

We were picked up by my cousin and their office driver. It’s about a 30 minute drive from the airport to my Aunt’s house, 20 minutes if you put your foot down.

My uncle is a partner in one of the largest private Civil Engineering firms in Pakistan. So they live in a nice house in Defence Karachi, it’s like the Knightsbridge of Karachi.

Every year we come to Karachi we stay at their house and are welcomed with open arms. This worked out a huge help for me financially as I saved on a lot of hotel and other related costs.

On the same evening I discussed my plans with my cousins and uncle and received a lot of great advice from them, if only I had listened.

No comments: