Wednesday 14 May 2008

The decision to move to Pakistan is made

A lot of information and many opinions later, I finally knew what I had to do. The only thing was doing it.

Many Excuses later and a lot of push from my friend, my first website went live. I was a happy man, I couldn’t believe it. After a month I actually made some money from the site, not much but something. That’s when I realised all I have to do is multiply what I’m doing and the money should technically also multiply.

So in order to increase my presence on the World Wide Web, I had to put up pages of fresh content and articles. Now not being very good with English and Grammar as you can tell from my blog, I decided to outsource my Article writing work to (drum roll please) Pakistan. So I asked my cousin to put in add for me in the Karachi Dawn newspaper for article writers.

Believe it or not it actually worked; I received hundreds of applications and only 2 or 3 really stood out. So I got my first employee working on my articles.

As was my habit, I started to go OTT and tried to make the whole process of designing websites and creating articles easier on myself, Even after a lot of discouragement from my brothers both in IT, I decided to get my own software created which did all of this for me. The reason my brothers were discouraging me was they said I was wasting my time, I should instead spend this time creating more websites and later when the operation got to a very high level and I knew the whole process back to front should I even think about creating this piece of software.

But me being me, I contacting my cousin in Pakistan and asked if he could take on this project. He agreed and we got started. 6 months later the project was scrapped and my cousin was pissed. Why? Because I had no idea what I was talking about and what I was doing. This brought me back to square 1.

Soon after, I realised that if I really wanted to succeed in this industry, I needed a plan, and a good one. I knew I needed to put up more websites with more articles, although there is a lot more work involved, that was the gist of it. With the writers I had already, my dream could never be a reality as they were too few and were not very efficient. So the decision to move to Pakistan was made….

No comments: